Monday, January 2, 2012

I Am Me

My first 2012 New Years Resolution is to erase what I see everyday. From the time I was 9, I labeled myself with many different labels due to things that happened to me, things I did, people I hurt, and what I felt like I had become. When I started Celebrate Recovery I knew I feared these labels being true and I needed to face them head on. I wrote out, on my mirror, what adjectives of myself I feared the most, and I noticed as the weeks went on, that I started to not look at that side of the mirror anymore. The words started to blur within me as well. I don't ever want to be narcissistic, but I also don't want to always think of myself in a negative light. So today I wipe those words off of my mirror and out of my mind. A few of them are: dirty, unworthy, unlikeable, not smart enough, never good enough, liar, etc. These are labels I wore as I tried for perfection, which is an illusion. God has designed us not to be perfect, but to be healthy, happy and whole, and that is what I am. Now my mirror will say, I AM ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment