Friday, January 7, 2011

Mountains and Mole Hills

A lot of times when I'm frustrated, I write it all down, re-read it, realize how dumb and childish I'm being and then throw it away.....that way I can't go back later and dwell on it.  It is a great technique, almost like talking to a friend that knows every single little thing, because I'm really listening to myself.

Lately I've been writing down my frustrations, re-reading them and having difficulty throwing them away.  Sometimes I think 'letting go of the little things' is harder than letting go of larger ones.  It's somewhat easy to recognize that I need to let things go in order to move on with life, and I've done so with many things, but sometimes those little mole hills are there and I make them into mountains.

I try very hard not to live in the Land of If Only.  I know that if I do I'll only go insane......and my insanity level is pretty much maxed out.  I try so hard not to ask all the 'why?!' questions, but sometimes they still get the better of me.

We tend to take it to beyond the bonds of the truth, to the extreme, more and more these days.  We seem to dig, dig, dig, that mole hill until we uncover, or find something, to make a mountain out of it.  I, for one, have had enough of all the dug up dirt, all the mud slinging, to last me for the rest of my life. I think that if people ask themselves, what is the purpose of making a mountain out of a mole hill? Maybe everyone would have different answers. To exaggerate the truth to an uncomfortable level is to show their own need for acceptance and meaningfulness. Another might say that it would be boring if we didn't promote sensationalism.  Is it really all about what people think?  Only if you're a politician or TV star.

Truth is, we don't need to exaggerate any truths, the real truth can be hard enough to deal with now days.

No comments:

Post a Comment