Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Wings

When I was young, I spent a lot of time with my Nana.  She was very special to me and she always had wonderful and uplifting things to say to everyone.  One thing I remember her always saying is, "Michele, you can place roots anywhere, but make sure to keep those wings open."  Being young, I never placed much stock in that, but I heard it all the time.  It is only now that I am beginning to understand, and appreciate, her words.

The quiet child awaits the day when she can break free of that mold that clings like desperation.  I've always been a shell of myself, I've never truly been 'me'.  I want to feel, I don't care if I break down.  If I fall, I may be bruised, but I'll rise again. I became much too good at being invinsible, then that changed, and I refuse to let life roll over me.  I have wings and I want to fly, into a space where I can breathe and look back at this distance I have wandered.  After all, I'm supposed to be someone who can face the things I've been running from.

I have huge passion for many things, and I want the power to affect change.  My life is my message, the good and the bad.  My passion, I believe, is heaven to no one else but me, and I'll defend it as long as I can be left to linger in its silence.  Its silence is beautiful.

This is my time, I don't have to fake anything, I can use my wings to be who I am truly meant to be.  Gandhi wrote, 'A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history.'  I absolutely love that quote, because I am determined to make a mark on this world. When I die, I want someone to be able to write a book about my life, and I don't want it to be a lie.  I've made my mistakes but I'm dusting myself off and stretching out my wings.......I was born to fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment