Monday, November 8, 2010

Mistakes

What is it about making a mistake that we are all so mortally afraid of? We all make them. In all honesty, I rarely judge anyone for their actions because I never know what happens behind closed doors or what their life has been like. Plus, I wouldn't want to be judged.


I've made countless mistakes, my list is almost endless. Just when I feel I've got my feet on solid ground, someone else winds up getting hurt. How do you fix the past? How do you right wrongs? Apologies get redundant, in my opinion, because you don't truly know the sincerity behind it. How do you stop trying to fix the blame for the past and start charting a new and better course for the future?


We are a society that feeds on tragedy and sin. People are always judging each other based on their own decisions, based on decisions of someone they know. Whether they actually like or agree with them is irrelevant, it is all about the acceptable way to do things. The acceptable way....acceptable in this society's eyes or in God's eyes? I'm so tired of doing the 'acceptable' thing, and now that I've done what most people deem as taboo, I actually think I'll get the answers I need, I'll always lean on God. If I do the 'wrong' thing, it's almost as though people think that I'm a goner then, and I can't be helped. But from what I know about God, theology aside, as long as I look to God, He will always be there.....in fact, He will always be there no matter what. So who is to say I am right or wrong for what I am choosing to do? No one.....yet everyone still speaks.




I always say, 'People may not believe what you say, but they'll always believe what you do.' and I still believe that to be true. People can think whatever they wish about me. Label me, I don't care, because in the end, I'll still rise from the ashes and be a better person.....and I'll prove that not with my words, but with my actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment