Friday, November 5, 2010

My Card

I believe I know my future, my fate
Because I play the same cards everyday.
I think I used to have a plan and purpose
But it seems so far away, so it must've been a dream.
I know I used to have a voice, so I stand surrounded screaming
But the only noise I hear is silence screaming back.
It started to consume me, so I never made a sound,
But so much of it caught attention, go figure, and now everyone is around.

I feel their eyes watching me
What card will I play next?
I've fallen from my pedestal and don't even feel the pain.
I wear a mask, nearly praying they won't look behind
But I want them to, I need them to or else I won't survive.
I must've started bleeding or I'm bruised from such a fall
But I can't reach the hand held out because there are too many walls

Sometimes I think I'm happy, it's easy to pretend.
I wish I knew how this started, but I do know how it will end.
I wrote it on a card and buried it with my hopes and dreams.
After I'm just a memory from having fallen from so high
I'll have my chance to play my card, so much more than what is seen.
When old walls have crumbled around me and I have a place to stand
I'll rise up from the ashes, not because I have to, but because I can.

It should be a sign of character to give someone a second chance
But guarded are the hearts that do, so it's a rarity in life.
I'll have to reinvent me, but it doesn't sound so bad.
I used to have a plan and purpose, and it's not the joker card.
I used to have a voice, and now it slices through the silence.
I will take this world by storm even if the stakes are high
And whether I'm on a mountain or in a valley, the new light in me will shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment